Sunday, May 23, 2010

Movin' On Up....

We realized last week that it may be time for Ian to get... a bed. He was starting to look really cramped in the pack-n-play. He was also getting up slightly earlier each morning, and consistently had little raccoon circles under his eyes. Sarah mentioned that it may be time. It seemed kind of early to me, but then I had a picture of him about 13 years old, all curled up in the pack-n-play like some kind of wild animal. It then occurred to me that I may not want to hold him back. So we made the jump and decided to get him a twin mattress and boxspring (the frame can wait). The guys at the Mart stuffed it into our Honda Fit (barely) and the rest is history. No more pack-n-play, my boy is growin' up. Ian's little mind quickly interpreted what it was: a giant, cushy bouncy toy. He must have wondered what he did to deserve something so awesome. He promptly made good use of it. I then took it upon myself to do what I do best: teach my son something while I lay there like a lazy sack. You can see for yourself here. He finally realized that he could lay on it and sleep, though he'd still rather play around in his room for a while before actually doing so. (Play = make car noises and repeatedly try and open the door). Last night was his first night in it. Amazingly enough, he didn't play too long. I thought we'd find him curled up in the closet, or collapsed in a heap on the floor. Instead, he was curled up on the mattress, a little pile of drool under him. He stayed there all night. It was nice to wake up to the sound of him trying to open the door instead of yelling and banging on the wall, per the pack-n-play days. I'm so proud of him. At the same time, I can't believe how fast time is going. It seems like yesterday when I had to rock him to sleep in his car seat. Next thing I know, I'll have to teach him how to shave. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment