Tuesday, September 7, 2010

31, baby.

This post isn't quite about parenting, but whatever. I turned 31 on August 27th. I stopped taking birthdays off from work long ago, but I kind of wished that day that I would have taken off. (It was Friday, the weather was nice, you know...) Sarah had been a bit sore from entering the 3rd trimester of pregnancy, and the last thing I expected her to do was make me a cake....but she did! I was so happy. We were going to go to dinner that night, which I knew of, so this was a nice surprise. I was so stoked. Yes, the cake collapsed. (due to the egg substitute). But I didn't care. We opted out of buying large gifts for each other when we first got married (except for 30th birthdays... :), which makes the seemingly little things like this much more meaningful. It would have been easier for her to go buy me something as a surprise, but this was so much sweeter (pun intended). This made my day. If you're reading this baby (which I think you're the only person that does!), I LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Nope, she's not the only one! I love how you love my sister. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete