Saturday, October 2, 2010

ode to Mowing.

There is something awesome about mowing. I love the simplicity of it and seeing the fruits of my labor immediately. Not to mention the physical activity. Although my butt and legs scream in protest to losing their conformity to my office chair, it's worth it. I had not mowed a lawn until we bought our house. Not once in my whole life, and I was proud of that fact. I cannot count the number of times I spewed that tidbit of information in delight, reveling in people's somewhat shocked and embarrassed responses. My goal was to make it to 30 years of age without mowing a lawn, which I did. (I've checked that off my life goal list, it was #3). But something happened. I mowed. And I was amazed. It's a whole new world, and I had been missing out. The solitude. The simplicity. The feel of the wet grass under my bare feet as I stride along. There is nothing else like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment