Friday, April 30, 2010

It's a Z day.

I decided late last week to take a day off. I'm starting to horde my PTO in order to have time to be home if Ian and Sarah get sick, but I realized I was being a bit psycho about it. So we planned to hit the zoo. I expected a typical weekday at the zoo, with little or no people. I can then let Ian run free and roam with the peacocks and turkeys that roam the grassy areas. We pulled into the parking lot and my blood pressure immediately ticked up. There were at least 12 school buses in the lot, which was filled back to Rosenflatt. (Sorry, Rosenblatt). Seriously, it was rainy. Why does everyone else have to go to the zoo on MY day off... ? :)  Regardless, we were met by my sister and her two awesome kids. After about a half hour, I got over my people/crowd-phobia (temporarily) and had a good time. My niece and nephew are 5 and 7, and they are a blast. Ian LOVES them and they love him. He nearly explodes with happiness whenever he is around them. We had a blast at the desert dome (keeping Ian out of the sand), the gorilla house (lifting Ian to see the monkeys) and wandering around other various areas. We didn't quite make it to the aquarium, but there is always next time. After all that walking, corralling and stroller-pushing, we were ready for some food. I promptly mentioned Zio's, as always have a hard time NOT going there once the urge takes hold. There were no changing tables in either restroom, so I did the incognito booth diaper change. I must admit, I was impressed with my own speed and agility. I hope my pride doesn't bring me down next time. I got Ian some dough, and he started eating it. I was so proud. :) (Eating is a better use/purpose for raw dough, rather than playing with it!). It was a great time out, and now Ian and Sarah are napping peacefully while I read a book and blog. What can I say? I'm glad I took a day off.

2 comments:

  1. The restaurant booth diaper change is quite an advanced technique...I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was easier than than a changing table. I think Ian is starting to get too big for those anyway.

    ReplyDelete