Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Round 2....


Sometimes I can't believe that we're doing it all again... by we, I mean Sarah doing all the work of building the baby while I write blog posts. :) Seriously though, I look at this picture of Ian and remember the awe, exhilaration and utter strangeness of knowing this little person was growing inside of her. I wonder what it will be like to have two. I remember feeling like it was "Sarah/Me and the Baby" for the first 6 months or so of Ian's life. He grew, in my mind, to be come "Sarah/Me/Ian". He is now a fully integrated member of our family, infusing it with his life and personality. I'm amazed at the miracle of it, and thinking that his personhood was encapsulated in that zygotish body, with his personality yet to develop. I celebrate it and am awed by it. I cannot wait to see the picture of our next little person, and to feel him or her (or as I say to Sarah, "himmerrereorherr") grow from "the baby" into an amazing person that I will cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment